The latest update approaches, bringing you an Armour Viewer, a new game mode called Epicenter and much more - let the testing begin!
The Public Test will be running from 30 August at 18:30 CEST until 5 September at 15:00 CEST. Keep in mind that this is a testing environment and unannounced maintenance and patch deployments can happen at any time during the Public Test phase.
What to expect in Public Test 0.5.11?
We have added an option to view the armor layout for a ship in the Port in order to provide players with detailed information about armor and construction for any ship available in their port – in stock and top configuration (if the ship was upgraded).
Now your ships' armour won't be a mystery: an option to view detailed information about their armour layouts and construction has been added to the game. To enable this feature, click on the button over the ship's performance characteristics. Keep in mind that:
- Due to the complex construction of ships, an option to enable/disable the following separate armour types has been added:
- Auxiliary Rooms
- Vital Ship Parts (i.e. citadel or, for destroyers, the central part of the hull)
- Main Turrets
A new game mode called Epicenter has been added to Random Battles. The aim of this mode is to encourage aggressive gameplay with close range encounters.
The mode is a modified version of Domination mode with the following differences:
- In this mode, key areas are represented by three concentric circles with the following rules:
- Players that gain control over the largest circle are only capturing this area.
- Players that gain control over the middle circle are capturing both this area and the largest circle.
- Players that gain control over the smallest circle are in fact capturing all three areas at the same time.
With such an arrangement, the most advantageous tactic is to hold the smallest circle area – try it out and leave your feedback!
Thanks to your feedback, the predictability of cyclones has been improved. To ensure a clear indication of any impending weather changes, we have added the following indicators to the battle HUD:
- A dynamic icon labelled "Cyclone" and a warning that spotting ranges will be decreased.
- A warning and a countdown timer that will be displayed before the start and end of the cyclone.
The exact moment when the warnings will be displayed will be determined based on the results of the Public Test – your feedback will be invaluable!
During Public test 0511, you will also have an exclusive chance to check out two new maps: Shards and Sleeping Giant. Our primarily goal for them is collecting your feedback – however, they are not going to be released in 0511. That is why the Public test is currently the only place where you can be the first to have fun playing on these maps, so don’t miss it!
- A new map named Archipelago has been added to the game. The map is located between the Far East islands in the Northern Pacific. This calm region used to be a safe harbour for scientific research, but now it has become the arena for vicious naval battles.
- The Land of Fire map has been changed. Our research and your feedback have shown that this map caused difficulties to a large group of players, mainly because of the location of several of the islands. The changes applied in the update 0.5.11 Public Test are aimed at keeping the originality of the map, as well as making its gameplay more enjoyable for every ship type.
- The Shatter map has also been changed. Our research results have shown that it is one of the hardest maps to play on in the game. Many aspects of this map require a high skill level, as well as planning the team's actions in advance. The main goal of the change applied in this update is to make the gameplay more enjoyable for various ship types, while still retaining the map's distinctive features.
- The reload time for the "Surveillance Radar" consumable has been lowered to make cruisers more effective against destroyers.
- USN fighters' ammunition capacities have been increased by 30%. This change will make fighter configurations stronger, thus making US carriers' roles more team-oriented and focused on protecting allies.
- Switching between Port, Modules, Tech Tree and Profile tabs in the Port has been optimised.
There are more features to test and even more to enjoy in the upcoming Update!
Hop onto the Public Test server to go hands on with the new stuff before it comes into the game later this month.
For participating in our Public Test, you will be rewarded the following goodies on the live server once the update hits the open waters.
Get 3 signal flags of each type on your live account for playing 1 Random or Cooperative battle on the Public Test server.
Get 1 day of Premium Account on the live server for earning 1,500 XP on each Japanese Battleship in Random or Cooperative battles on the Public Test server.
Get 10 Type "6" Camouflage patterns (+100% XP per battle) on the live server for earning a total of 5,000 XP in Random or Cooperative battles on the Public Test server.
You will be able to claim your rewards on the dedicated website. Information on when you will be able to redeem them will be sent to your registered Test Account email address on the day of the release of the update or slightly after. Please note that only players with a Public Test account registered to the same e-mail as their live server account will be able to redeem their rewards.
What resources will you get on the Public Test server?
Tier III ships will be credited to all players at the start of the test, together with 15-skill-point commanders.
Research prices of Tier III+ ships are significantly lowered, so that players can easily reach the top Tiers in just a few battles.
Research prices for modules will be discounted.
Account Level 12 upon first login.
Premium Account for 7 days upon your first login.
Assorted signal flags for testing.
Ability reset for Commanders will be discounted: 1 Doubloon = 1 Skill Point
Please note that resources from the previous Public Tests have been wiped.