0.7.1.1 Update Notes
[UPDATE] The update happens February 15; preparation begins at 06:00 CET until 07:30 CET (UTC+1). The game will be unavailable between these times.
Every player has until February 16 to respec Commander skills and demount and mount required upgrades for FREE on any ship.
- Added an information screen about current events and specials in-game when launching the game client; added a banner to the container purchase screen, which opens the Premium Shop page dedicated to the Vive la France event.
- Fixed an error causing islands and landscape objects to disappear in battle/Port in some situations.
- Fixed guns elevation angles for battleship Here is the ship : france : Bretagne. It gives her the ability to fire both HE and AP at the distance specified in ship's characteristics; before this, it was only true for HE shells.
- [TEST ONLY] The test ship Here is the ship : germany : Graf Zeppelin was added to the game client for testing.
- Two air group setups are available:
- 1-2-1, groups of 8 fighter planes (16 in total); 2x5 torpedo bombers (27 in total); 9 bomber planes (29 in total).
- 2-0-3, 2x5 fighter planes (24 in total) and 3x5 bomber planes (48 in total).
- Players can choose between bombers with armour-piercing and high-explosive bombs, and between torpedo bombers with deep-water and standard torpedoes.
- Increased traverse angles of secondary guns on the deck. It gives the ability to fire a greater number of secondary guns at once.
- Added the Hydroacoustic Search consumable similar to that of Tier VII Cruisers (discovering ships at 4.2 km and discovering torpedoes at 2.97 km).
Subtitles in our supported languages are also available by clicking on the icon in the bottom-right corner.
Please make a note of the scheduled maintenance times that the World of Warships server will undergo to implement Version 0.7.1.
For further information, refer to the patch notes below.
The update happens 08 February; preparation begins at 06:00 CET until 08:00 CET (UTC+1).
Please note that all of the described activities below will start from 09 February onwards.
Please be aware, after the release of Update 0.7.1 all custom key bindings will be reset to default bindings. We are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.
0.7.1 Patch Notes
Vive la France Collection
A number of events dedicated to the French Battleship branch will debut upon Update 0.7.1's launch:
Vive la France Collection
Players will be able to start a new Collection based on the new French Battleship branch. Collectable items will consist of the following items:
- Stylized photos of the French and Allied ships
- Coats of Arms and badges
- Weapons-related to French Navy history
These containers with items will be both earnable in special "Vive la France" missions and purchasable in the Premium Shop.
Unique Commander: Jean-Jacques Honoré
Upon collecting all collectables for the Vive la France Collection, players will be awarded a brand new Unique French Commander, Jean-Jacques Honoré.
This battle-hardened veteran comes with an enhanced variation of the "Expert Marksman" and "Adrenaline Rush" skills, along with 10 free Skill Points. Upon recruiting, he will be trained for the Tier I Cruiser Bougainville.
Win Early Access to French Battleships
Players will be able to receive a unique "Vive la France" containers by completing a series of Combat Missions.
Upon unboxing these containers, players will have a chance to earn a Combat Mission token which grants early instant access to the Tier V-VIII French Battleships: Bretagne, Normandie, Lyon or Richelieu.
New French Port: Marseille
The sun-lit port town of Marseille will be available for all players as a new selectable Port. Enjoy the scenery of this magnificent city and its calming seashores.
Port tour coming soon
Back to Top
Clan Battles: Season “Island of Ice”
Clan Battle Season 2 is on its way! Show your Clan's prowess in the new Season “Island of Ice”! The season will start on 10 February and will last for 2 months, until 16 April. Prime Time for these Clan Battles will be held on every Wednesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday, at 18:30 - 22:30 CET (UTC+1).
The Rating of all Clans will be reset to the default value, but a Clan will receive 50 bonus points (maximum - 150 points) for the first battle played in every League in the “Hotspot” season (except for the Squall League).
The Hurricane League does not contain any interim groups and there are no limits to boosting your Clan's Rating. To get into the League, your Clan must fight through a series of five Progression Battles and win at least three of them. Alternatively, if your Clan loses all their points, they must win three out of five Relegation Battles to keep from getting kicked out of the Hurricane League.
Introduction of the new league will not affect the process of receiving a flag for the Soviet cruiser Stalingrad. The series of the combat missions remain the same; the general value of the prizes won’t change either. However, their contents will be slightly different as compared with the prizes of Season 1.
Besides that, we’ve prepared special achievements for the players and Clans in the new season. You need to play at least one battle in each of the below leagues to get a respective achievement:
||Be in the Squall League or higher in Season "Islands of Ice"
||Be in the Gale League or higher in the Season "Islands of Ice"
||Be in the Storm League or higher in the Season "Islands of Ice"
||Be in the Typhoon League or higher in the Season "Islands of Ice"
||Be in the Hurricane League or higher in the Season "Islands of Ice"
|Island of Ice
||Be the top team in the Season "Islands of Ice"
More INFORMATION COMING SOON
NOTE: Between 10 and 16 February, all players will be able to reset Commander skills and mount the required upgrades for free.
Tier X Ships for Clan Battles
When the Season starts, any player that has played a Clan or Random Battle with a Tier VIII–X ship will get the following three special Tier X ships for temporary use: Japanese Cruiser Zao, Soviet Destroyer Grozovoi , and American Battleship Montana:
- The ships are given for temporary use and will be removed from accounts with the release of Update 0.7.2
- Rented ships can only be used in Clan Battles
- A special timer will appear next to the ship in the Port to warn you about the remaining rental time
- You can't mount a camouflage of any type on rented ships
- You will be able to re-assign Commanders to rented ships without penalty
- Rented ships will bring the same amount of valuables after a battle as your own researchable Tier X ships
- After a ship is removed, her Commander will be automatically sent to the Reserve, while the upgrades, consumables, and signals will be moved to the player's Inventory. Any experience accumulated on the ship is transferred to the starting ship of the corresponding nation
- If the ships have alternative modules (like Shimakaze’s torpedo tubes), you can mount them for free
- If a Commander is recruited for a rented ship separately, their specialization will be changed for the starting ship of the corresponding nation
- If a Commander recruited to helm a rented ship is subsequently reassigned to a different ship, his specialization will automatically change to the ship he's assigned to at the moment when the Update goes live. Commander skills, however, will not be reset
- Ships will be issued with slots, but the slots will be removed from accounts once the relevant ships are also removed
Back to Top
Decorative parts for your Patches will now have a chance to be randomly included in your Daily Containers as an additional item. These Patch parts will be assigned their own separate slot in the Container; as in they will not come in place of other rewards.
If in case a player receives a duplicate of an already owned Patch part, compensation of 15,000 Credits will be issued per part.
Also, you can now view other player's insignias in more detail. To do that just go to the player's profile and click on their Distinctive Insignia.
Back to Top
Searching for a Clan
Improved Clan search system will be introduced in Update 0.7.1 that will allow players to find their best-suited Clan faster and easier.
The Clan feature will now have a "Recommendations" section. To search for a Clan, press the "Join a Clan" button to see three Clans and a set of parameters according to which these Clans were selected. If none of the proposed Clans suits you, you can press the arrow on the right to see another set of Clans.
Should you find a suitable Clan, click on the button prompt on screen to send your application request to the Clan Commander and the other members eligible to recruit new members. You may also view detailed information by clicking on the Clan's name to visit their Clan Base.
For more accurate Clan search, you can specify your own game preferences by indicating your preferred battle types and preferred language. Similarly, the Clan Commanders can specify their Clan preferences in regard to players.
|Play in a Division
||Participation in Operations
|Average Ship Tier
||Preferred days for playing Clan Battles
||Average number of battles in Operations
|Players’ activity level
||Players’ activity level
||Players’ activity level
If there are not enough Clans in the "Participation in Operations" category to be displayed, additional Clans from the "Clan Battles" category will be shown here. If this is still not enough either, then clans from the "Play in a Division" category will be displayed. Clans are displayed in a similar manner when there isn't enough in the "Clan Battles" category: the suitable Clans from the "Participation in Operations" are selected first, then the Clans from the "Play in a Division" are shown.
The "Recommendations" section will not be visible to players who are currently in a Clan.
Back to Top
The carrier will have her aircraft replaced as follows:
- The Vought F4U-4 (Tier IX; cruise speed: 178 knots; HP: 1,910; loadout – 54; average damage per second: 70) fighters are replaced with the Vought F4U-1 (Tier VIII; cruise speed: 169 knots; HP: 1,700; loadout: 61; average damage per second: 63) ones.
- The Grumman F8F (Tier X; cruise speed: 181 knots; HP: 2,060; loadout: 48; average damage per second: 80) fighters are replaced with the Vought F4U-4 (Tier IX; cruise speed: 178 knots; HP: 1,910; loadout: 54; average damage per second: 70) ones.
These changes are meant to provide for a better balance between Midway and her Japanese counterpart Hakuryu.
Back to Top
Maps & Locations
New map, the "Sleeping Giant" has been introduced for Tier IX - X battles to be conducted in "Domination Mode" with three key areas. This map will be available for Random and Co-op Battles.
- This map features elements of islands, straits and free flanks. In the Domination mode, the key area on the left flank is surrounded by large yet low-rising islands suitable enough for firing from behind them. Between the key areas on the right and in the centre, there are several straits that allow moving from one key area to the other while remaining under cover. The map is designed to be relatively symmetrical and gives equal opportunities for both teams.
- This exotic map is designed after the coast of China. Watchful players will be able to catch several references such as the seemingly never-ending Great Wall of China and the pagoda of the Youguo Temple.
Upon receiving numerous requests from our players, we have reworked two maps Trap (Tier VIII - X Battles) and Tears of the Desert (Tier IX - X Battles) to encourage more dynamic gameplay.
- Trap will have smaller map dimensions for easier manoeuvrability and positioning. The map provides for encounters at any distance and we have managed to preserve all of its unique peculiarities. The active zone was decreased by 3 km from each map side in order to increase the intensity of player's actions in battle.
- The Tears of the Desert will be more comfortable for using Cruisers.
- The main special trait of this map—a range of islands in the central part, was kept as is, and we also added a 'shelter' in the form an of an island in the very centre of the location.
The key adjustment is the change of team starting positions. One team is spawned in the south-west and the other in the north-east. Flanks were revised as well by adding more 'shelters'. The active zone was decreased by 3 km from each map side in order to increase the intensity of player's actions in battle.
Back to Top
- Change of weather conditions during battle will now be accompanied by special warning sound effects.
- Upon selecting "Ultra High" audio quality, the sounds of shells hitting ships, the sound of ship destruction, surface explosions and the sound of guns firing at a long distance from your ship will be greatly improved while you're in Binoculars view.
- The distance of battle audibility has been increased by improving dimensional processing of sounds.
- Upon using an Aircraft Carrier with the War Drums sound mod enabled, players will hear music processed differently depending on their camera angles.
- Added voice-overs for Operations 'Narai' and 'The Ultimate Frontier'.
- Disabled national voiceovers for Pan-Asian ships. The voiceovers specific for the player's region or the voice mod selected in the settings will be played instead even if the national voiceovers are selected.
- Fixed the issue that caused incorrect behaviour of the sound played for traverse movement of turrets for certian ships. This fix affected mainly destroyers and some cruisers.
Back to Top
Added new expendable camouflage “Revolutionary”. The bonuses it provides are as following:
- -3% to surface detectability range
- +4% to maximum dispersion of shells fired by the enemy at your ship
- +75% to the XP earned in battle
- +30% to the number of credits earned in a battle
Starting from Update 0.7.1 only the ships listed below can be purchased in the game client:
- Duca d'Aosta
- Lo Yang
- de Grasse
- Admiral Graf Spee
From time to time, other Premium Ships will become available for purchase through various methods. The ships that remain available for purchase on a permanent basis are the most popular and easy-to-play ships, and represents characteristics of each nation and types.
Back to Top
Other Improvements & Fixes
- Two new game graphics options were added to Settings – "Very Low" and "Maximum". These preset modes can be only set in the game client manually. The "Very low" preset disables most of the settings or sets them at the lowest level, which improves the game performance. The "Maximum" preset enables most of the functions and maximizes the picture saturation. However, this preset consumes the most video adapter resources.
- Changed the window that notifies the player of the achievement of a new level in the Service Record. Level descriptions in the Profile tab were revised as well.
- Fixed the geometrical shapes and textures of Oktyabrskaya Revolutsiya, Duguay Trouin, Henri IV, Graf Zeppelin, Duke of York and Des Moines. These changes have a negligible effect on the ship’s performance.
- Hood: Fixed the armour geometry in the Port view in order to make it more accurate as compared to the visual model. Hit points of the casemate, aft end, superstructures and the bow were redistributed while keeping the overall HP the same. These changes have a negligible effect on the ship’s performance.
- Langley: Fixed the position of the ship in the "Naval Base" Port.
- The lifetime of the player's application to join a Clan is 5 days long. After this period expires, the application is removed.
- After leaving a Clan, the player can join another Clan after three days.
- Starting from Update 0.7.1, the players can dismiss the ARP and Dragon commanders they don’t need any longer. Be noted that you won’t be able to receive these commanders again after you dismiss them.
- Fixed a bug that minimised the Division chat after the battle.
- Fixed the sound of the main battery shots for battleship Musashi.
- Fixed the bug that prevented viewing a player's profile on the 'Team score' tab.
- Fixed the textures of Hull A for battleship Bismarck.
- Fixed the bug that prevented cruiser Mogami from enjoying bonuses of unique Yamamoto commander personalisation.
Back to Top